LESSON 2. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU
1. There are various types of letter. What types do you know?
2. Look through Ex. 1a p. 270. Which types of these letters have you ever written or received?
3. Ex. 1b p. 270 Read the letter and identify its type.
What does Betty apologise for?
What does Betty thank her sister for?
What personal news has she given to her sister?
4. Ex. 2a p. 271
Look through the letter again and match the grammar forms and their usage (to-infinitive, bare infinitive, Ving)
Watch the rule on the usage of Infinitive and Gerund.
5. Read the excerpts from letters, open the brackets and type the correct form of the verb.
6. Ex. 3 p. 273 From the list of questions choose any 10 questions you like and record your answers.