LESSON 7. BLOGGING
1. What is a blog? What is the difference between a blog and a diary?
2. Listen to the recording about blogs and blogging and answer the questions:
• What is a blog?
• When did first blogs appear?
• Why is blogging popular?
• Who are bloggers?
3. Listen to the recording again and fill in the missing words.
4. Ex. 2a p. 285 Read about the most popular teen bloggers. What topics have they chosen for their blogs?
Answer the questions:
• Whose face can we see on covers of famous magazines?
• Which of the teens have made a video together?
• Why is Spencer Tweedy’s blog so popular?
• What is Jeremy’s motto?
• Why do people read Charlie’s blog?
• Which blog would you like to read? Why?
• If you decided to start your blog, what topic would you choose?
5. Listen to the interview with Willie Greene. Which questions does he answer?
1. Where and how did you get your start?
2. Where did your inspiration come from? Magazines? Websites? Fashion Icons?
3. What does your family think about your interest?
4. How do you combine your studies at school and blogging? Have you got a team?
5. What’s your primary goal for We The Urban?
6. What’s your primary goal for yourself?
7. How do you spend your free time?
8. How much money do you earn?
9. Do you have any advice for people trying to break into this industry?
6. Look at the blog and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.
7. Hometask. (CHOOSE ONE)
Ex. 3a p. 287 Record a story about Willie Green using the questions from the previous exercise OR
Tell about one of the bloggers you follow and their blog OR
Write a page for your own blog (even if you don’t have one)