10 Form 18.05.2020
LESSON 4. MASS MEDIA IN BELARUS
1. Ex. 1 p. 297
- Do you usually follow the news either in the press or on the Internet?
- Do you read newspapers and magazines? If yes, what is your favourite newspaper? What is your favourite magazine?
- Do you watch TV programmes? If yes, what is your favourite?
2. Ex. 2 p. 297 Try to guess:
- how many newspapers there are in Belarus;
- how many magazines there are in Belarus;
- how many of them are private;
- what languages they are published in.
3. Listen to the recording. Check your guesses. Pay attention if the information is up-to-date. Compare the numbers with the latest ones.
4. Complete the following sentences.
- … newspapers and … magazines are published in Belarus.
- Printed press is available not only in Belarusian and Russian but also in…, …, … and … .
- The most influential newspapers include … and the … .
5. Ex. 3 p. 297 Read the text in your textbooks and answer the questions:
- How many news agencies operate in Belarus?
- What is the biggest news agency in the country?
- What are the major TV channels?
- When was the Belarus TV channel launched?
- Who is the Belarus TV channel available to?
6. Study the article on Mass media in Belarus.
7. Do the task to check your understanding.
8. Create a presentation about Mass Media in Belarus and send it to your teacher.