LESSON 7. WE CAN MAKE A BETTER WORLD
1. What comes to your mind when you look at this picture? What is its idea?
2. Ex. 1 p. 303 Listen and read the poem. How is the poem related to the title of the lesson?
How do you understand the expressions lend a hand, get involved, talk things out?
3. Answer the questions.
4. Ex. 2 p. 303 Read the text and say which projects all these young people have been involved in.
Read the text again and say which story impressed you most and why.
Think which project seems to be most appealing to you and what you can do to start a similar project in your area.
5. Listen to Ashley Funk speaking about her work and say what her goal is and what she has done to speed up positive changes.
Listen again and complete the text with the missing words.
6. Ask 10 questions (different types including reported ones) to Ashley to get more information, write them down and send to your teacher.
7. Listen to the song and fill in the words you hear:
8. Write a paragraph on why young people should actively participate in community life.