LESSON 2: MEET THE RAINBOW NATION!
1. Ex. 1a,b,c, p. 310. One thing I know about South African … One thing I’d like to learn about South African …
|1. People||2. History||3. Geography|
|4. Animals||5. Places||6. Traditions|
2. Ex. 2a,b, p. 310-312. Read the text in order to study some facts about South Africa. Remember as much as you can.
Answer the questions. Play the board game.
3. Ex. 2c, p. 313-316.
|Text 1. National Symbols||
|Text 2. Sports|
|Text 3. Rich and Poor|
|Text 4. Peoples of South Africa and Their Languages|
4. Make up the list of 10 facts that you have learnt from the text. Write and share. Record your speech and share it with your teacher/group.
5. Ex. 2e, p. 316. How many questions can you answer without looking into ex. 2c?
Make up the list of 10 questions of different types to interview a person from South Africa. Write and share.
6. For more information:
7. Practise your listening skills:
8. Practise your reading skills: