LESSON 1: THE PATCHWORK OF AMERICAN CULTURE
1 . What is the United States to you? What associations come to your mind?
2. Ex. 2, p. 273. You already know a lot about the USA. Say three examples for each category.
|1. National wonder||3.Date in History||5.Cities||7.National symbols||9. Mountains|
|2. State||4.Rivers||6.Developed industry||8. Presidents||10. Names in history|
3. Ex. 4, p. 274.
Culture is ….
Take a photo of the answer and share it with your teacher/group.
4. Ex. 5a, p. 274. Match the photos of American realities with the categories below. Speak about them.
Model. A – Jeans are American clothing that is hugely popular in the whole world.
5. Ex. 5b, p. 275. Match the examples of American reality with the categories in ex. 5a. Take a photo of the answer and share it with your teacher/group.
Model. A – 1–5.
6. Ex. 6a, p. 276. Match the words with their definitions.
7. Ex. 6b, p. 276. Think and say which American beliefs, values and attitudes are close to your own.
Write what, in your opinion, is more important for the world. Explain why. Many correct answers are possible. (15-20 sentences).
8. For more information: