LESSON 4: TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE FEWER REGRETS OF WHAT YOU DIDN’T DO
1. How would you entitle the picture?
2. Ex. 1, p.286. Answer the questions. Record your speech share it with your teacher/group.
3. Ex. 2a, p.286 Zakhar is an exchange student to an American college. Listen and match the pictures to the conversations.
4. Ex. 2b, p.286. Listen again and answer the questions. 1. What did Zakhar do wrong? 2. What is a better idea for what he did?
5. Ex. 3a,b, p.286 Answer the questions about what you heard in ex. 2a. Which sentences express regret? 6. Which sentences express criticism? How do you express regret or criticism with a modal verb?
6. Ex. 4a, p.286 Choose the right formula for expressing regrets and criticism
For more information:
7. Ex. 4b, p.287 . Write what regrets people might have in these situations. Take a photo of the answers and share it with your teacher/group.
Model. 1 – I should’ve taken a taxi. or I shouldn’t have played the computer game before leaving for the airport. or I could’ve asked the reception to give me a wakeup call.
8. Ex 5a, 288. Answer the questions.
9. Choose one quote. Decide whether you agree or disagree with it.
10. Give a piece of advice to a student who failed the English exam as he had been lazy to prepare and now regrets that. Record your speech share it with your teacher/group.