LESSON 7. GET YOUR KICKS TOURING AMERICA
1. Make up a list of things to do in the USA. Take a photo of the answers and share it with your teacher/group.
2. Ex. 1b, p. 298. How do Americans travel their country? Listen and make a list.
3. Ex. 1c, p. 298. What do the words mean?
to motor road trip cruise rail pass caravan / camping
4. Imagine you have enough money for three weeks in the USA. You arrive in Chicago and fly home from San Bernardino. How would you plan your stay? Record your speech share it with your teacher/group.
5. Ex. 3a, p. 298. Listen to a popular American song and say what way of travelling from Chicago to Los Angeles they suggest.
6. Ex. 3b, p. 298. Listen again, follow the map (p. 299), and make a list of cities and towns Route 66 goes through.
7. Ex. 3c, p. 298. Answer the questions. 1. What is Route 66? 2. How long is it? 3. What states does it go through?
8. Ex. 3d, p. 299. Listen and fill in the gaps.
9. Ex. 4a,b, p. 299. Read and put the facts in chronological order. Answer the questions. Take a photo of the answers and share it with your teacher/group.
10. Ex. 5a, p.300. Look back at ex. 2. How would you change your initial plan (you have enough money, three weeks, friends in Chicago and LA)? Record your speech share it with your teacher/group.
11. Ex. 5b,p. 300. Write a letter to your imaginary friend in the U.S. Tell them what your ideas on touring America are. Ask for more recommendations. Take a photo of the answers and share it with your teacher/group.
For more information: