EXAM BITESIZE. P. 303-304
1. Look at the picture. Do you know what person this memorial is to?
2. Read the articles and say in 2–3 sentences what they are about.
3. The author says that one of Jefferson’s ideas was that all people are born the same and should receive the same treatment under the law. Find this extract and read it aloud.
4. What main difficulty did Americans have while the memorial was being constructed?
5. Why do Americans consider Thomas Jefferson a great man?
6. Look at the picture. Do you know what person this memorial is to?
7. The author says that Lincoln had to struggle for a living and for learning. Find this extract and read it aloud.
8. Who won the Civil War – the North (the Union army) or the South (the Confederate army)?
9. Why do Americans consider Abraham Lincoln a great man?
10. Listening. Listen to a telephone conversation and answer the questions below.
1.Where is Danila calling from? 2. What did he like about the flight? 3. Who are Mr and Mrs Foxwell?
11. Listen again and answer the questions below.
Take a photo of the answers and share it with your teacher/group.
12. Speaking. Let’s talk about Americans.
13. What do you think an average American is?
14. What American values and attitudes do you like? What American values or attitudes don’t you understand?
15. What questions would you ask an American teenager?
16. Give advice about visiting the most interesting places in the USA.
17. Make your deductions on possible changes in the American nation’s life with the rise of Latin American and Asian immigration.
Record your speech share it with your teacher/group.