LESSON 2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WAY OF TRAVELLING?
1. Ex. 1 p. 105 Look at the pictures and say how people can travel. Use the words in the box to help you. Which means of transport are land, air and sea transport?
2. Ex. 2a p. 105 Listen to the audio letters and say how Kate and Alex usually travel.
3. Ex. 2b p. 106 Listen again and say what Kate and Alex did when they travelled last time.
4. Ex. 3 p. 106 What are the most important things you need for a travelling? Use the ideas from the table and add your own ones.
5. Ex. 5a p. 106 Speak about your two favourite ways of travelling.
Example: I like travelling by bike. It’s easy and relaxing, because I take only1 a backpack and I don’t hurry. It’s enjoyable, because I can see beautiful nature and I can stop to only — watch wildlife. But when it rains, it isn’t comfortable. And I can’t always travel safely, because there are not always bike lanes on roads.
I also enjoy travelling by …
6. Ex. 5b p. 107 Compare the ways of travelling and say which of them are fast (faster, the fastest) and which are slow (slower, the slowest), which are comfortable (more comfortable, the most comfortable) or enjoyable, relaxing.
7. Ex. 5c p. 107 What do you like to do while travelling? Use the ideas from the table and add your own ones.
8. Ex. 6 p. 107 Write a paragraph about your favourite way of travelling. Explain why you like it and what you need to do to get ready for travelling. Take a photo and send it to your teacher.