6 Form 30.04.2020
LESSON 9. MY FAVOURITE WRITER.
1. Watch the story about the greatest English writer William Shakespeare and answer the questions:
- When and where was William Shakespeare born?
- What was his father?
- Who did he marry?
- How many children did he have?
- Where did he go?
- What was his job?
- Why were theatres closed?
- What did he write?
- Was he a successful man?
- When did he die?
2. Watch the story again and put the sentences in the correct order.
- He helped build a new theatre called The Globe, which opened in 1599.
- Three years later he married Anne Hathaway and they had three children.
- William Shakespeare was born in 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon, in England.
- He died when he was 52 on 23 April 1616.
- He worked in London as an actor and then started writing plays.
- William left school when he was 14 or 15.
- He wrote at least 38 plays, and was rich and famous.
- Sometime before 1590 he left Stratford and went to London.
To enjoy one of the most famous monologues of William Shakespeare go to Link 1