LESSON 1. GREAT TRAVELLERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Look at the poster. Have you watched this film? Is it popular with teens in our country?
What do you know about Vikings?
2. Ex. 1 a, p. 134. Do the quiz.
3. Ex. 1 b, p. 135. Listen to the podcast on great travellers and check yourselves.
4. Ex. 1 c, p. 135. Which quest would you like to go on: a power quest or a culture quest?
5. Ex. 2 a, p. 135. Read the Viking Code of Conduct (rules of behaviour).
6. Reread the Viking Code of Conduct. There are 7 rules and 1 prediction. Find the prediction.
7. Learn the rule. Ex. 2 c, d, p. 136.
8. Ex. 2 e, p. 137. Which rules from the Viking Code of Conduct do you like? Why?
9. Grammar secret. Ex. 4 a, p. 137.
10. Ex. 4 b, p. 137. Rewrite the proverbs where unless can be used instead of if. Take a photo of the exercise and send to your teacher.
11. Ex. 4 a, p. 137. Which of the proverbs in ex. 4bcan be good for Traveller’s Code of Conduct? Record your ideas and send to your teacher.
12. Practise your grammar:
13. Do the Quiz:
14. For more practice: