LESSON 11. SWEET SWAN OF AVON
1. Do you know the author of these books? Which books have you read?
2. Do the trivia quiz about Shakespeare’s life and work.
3. Welcome to Shakespeare’s Globe, a world-renowned theatre, education centre and cultural landmark, located on the bank of the River Thames in London, UK. The Globe Theatre was a theatre in London associated with William Shakespeare. It was built in 1599 by Shakespeare’s playing company, the Lord Chamberlain’s Men, on land owned by Thomas Brend and inherited by his son, Nicholas Brend and grandson Sir Matthew Brend, and was destroyed by fire on 29 June 1613.
4. Let’s go on a virtual tour of the Globe Theatre in London, home to Shakespeare’s theatrical performances.
5. Watch again and fill in the gaps with appropriate word:
6. Would you like to visit the Globe Theatre? Which Shakespeare’s play would you like to see there?
7. Listen to the poem “Winter” by William Shakespeare. Try to recite it, record it and send to your teacher.