LESSON 7. TAKE PART IN A BOOK FAIR
1. Look at the pictures. What event do you think it is? Have you ever taken part in it?
What’s the best book you have ever read recently? Which book would you like to recommend to your friends and classmates?
A book fair is a fair for playing and displaying books. A book fair is usually arranged on the important events of a year. Mainly literate people take interest in a book fair. Young boys and girls gather here to find out their favourite books. In a book fair there are different stalls of different publishers. Many writers, publishers and poets come here.
2. One of the best ways to recommend a book is to write a book review.
A book review is (noun)
3. Ex. 2 p. 216. Read how to write a book review and do the task.
4. Ex. 3 p. 217. Listen and read the review of the book Best Friends by Jacqueline Wilson and points out parts of this review. Would you like to read the book? Why?
5. Choose a book for the Book Fair. It could be any book you like or used to like as a child. It could be a book in Russian, Belarusian or English. It could be a book of any genre.
Write a review of this book in your exercise-book. Practise its presentation at home.