LESSON 8. THE SECRET DIARY OF ADRIAN MOLE AGED 13
1. Do you know this writer? Have you ever read any novels or plays by Sue Townsend?
2. Ex. 1 p. 219. Listen and read the factfile. What helped Sue Townsend to create a very popular character, Adrian Mole?
3. Would you like to watch a trailer of the Musical? The musical brings Adrian’s story to a life for a new generation of theatregoers.
The Ambassadors Theatre, West Street, London
Performance date – 15 June – 25September 2019
Running time – 2hr20min
4. Listen and read the extract from the diary.
5. Look through the diary again and do the task. When did it happen?
6. Answer the questions.
What do you think about Adrian?
What can you say about the relationships in this family?
Which customs, holidays and traditions are mentioned in the story? What do you remember about them?
7. Write a book blurb for “The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole” and send to your teacher.
8. WB ex. 3 p. 75