LESSON 4. ROMANTIC BELARUS
1. Look at the picture. What is unusual about it? What occasion is illustrated it the photo?
2. Ex. 1a, p.134. Read five unusual wedding traditions and match them with one of the countries in the box.
3. Ex. 1b, p.134. Which wedding tradition from the list is the most interesting / the strangest? Do you know any other unusual traditions?
4. Ex. 2a, p. 134. Are there any traditions at the wedding ceremonies in Belarus? Make a list of wedding traditions that you’ve seen / heard / read about. Share it with your group/teacher.
5. Ex. 2b, p. 134. Listen to a girl who visited a wedding ceremony in Belarus. Tick the traditions she speaks about in your list. How many did you guess?
6. Ex. 2c, p. 134Listen again. Take notes and answer the questions
Helen was going to have a wedding soon. Look at some objects from her wedding. Which of Belarusian wedding traditions did she have? Write and send it to YOUR teacher.
7. Situation A: You are Sandra, Helen’s friend. You want to organize your wedding ceremony. Before talking to a wedding planner make a list of things / ceremonies you’d like to have at your wedding.
Situation B: You are a wedding planner. Sandra, Helen’s friend, asks you to assist her in arranging her wedding ceremony. Before talking to Sandra make a list of questions you would like to ask her.
Record your report on both situations and send it to YOUR teacher.
8. For more information: