LESSON 8. EXAM NERVES
1. Make as many words out of the word ‘EXAMINATIONS’ as possible.
2. Ex. 3 b, c, p. 187. Listen to the BBC GCSE Bitesize recording. What exam are they discussing? What side of exam preparation is described? Are the following statements true, false or not mentioned?
3. Ex. 4a, p. 188. What sport are exams compared with? Do you think it’s a good comparison? Complete the script of the recording with the ‘sports’ words. Listen to the dialogue to check. Do you agree with the advice?
4. Ex. 4c, p. 189. Match the words and expressions in bold with the following definitions:
5. Ex. 4d, p. 189. Complete the questions with the words in bold. Answer the questions in ex. 4d.
6. Make short notes to summarise the advice. What advice can you add?
Think over your ‘exams survival kit’. What will you take with you? Include material as well as not material things. Explain what you need them for. And share with your teacher.
We are sure that these ‘survival kits’ will help you to get the best exam results ever!
See you, kids!