LESSON 1. BELARUS UNDER THE WEATHER
1 Ex.1 p. 123 – look at the words in the box. Which of these weather phenomena can you see in Belarus in winter, spring, summer and autumn?
E.g. I think the extremes of temperature are typical for (can be observed in) early spring
|think the extremes of temperature
| ‘postcard perfect’ images
| strong winds
3. Ex. 2 p. 123 – read four descriptions of seasons in Belarus from a website for tourists. Is all the information accurate there?
Look through another text about the weather in Belarus. Compare it the text from ex. 2. What differences can you find?
4. Ex. 3a p. 125 – match the words in bold from the text (ex. 2) with their definitions
5. Ex. 3b p. 126 – complete the questions with the words from ex. 2
6. Ex. 4 p. 126 – make a list of things you like about your favourite season in Belarus. Is there anything you dislike? Explain your choice.
7. Analyze the picture about the temperature in Minsk during the year. What are the extremes of temperature in our capital? What weather phenomena are typical for Minsk?
8. Choose one of the seasons and describe what it was like in your region this year. Record your story and send it to your teacher.